Sunday, November 27, 2011

Portrait of Roland and Self Portrait at 60

                                                                
                                                              
Roland
18x14 oil on linen
This is a portrait I just completed of my friend
Roland. It was painted in my studio this
December 2011, with three afternoon sittings.

Self Portrait at 60
24x18 oil on canvas
I had my 60th birthday earlier this month, November, and could not
resist painting another self image. The painting evolved
over a period of several days as I stood in front of the mirror
observing myself. Life and Painting are a great adventure. I
hope to get another 30 good years.

5 comments:

  1. what style, you'll pull another 40!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous and funny !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great and colorful work Jim, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your paintings Jim. Here's to the next 30 years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynne and everyone for your comments. Jim

      Delete